The process of remodeling a home can be both very exciting and very stressful. If you’ve been dreaming of remodeling your home for years and are finally ready to do it, you’re likely pretty
eager to get started—and finished—with the job. But before you can get the project underway, there’s the not-so-small matter of who’s going to do the work.
On the bright side, there are numerous remodeling contractors out there who would likely love to work on your home. Unfortunately, the sheer quantity of prospective contractors may very quickly seem like more of a curse than a blessing. How are you supposed to choose one home remodeler in Scottsdale, AZ out of so many options? Luckily, there are several qualities you can look for in a prospective contractor to help narrow down your list:
- Relevant experience: One of the first things to look for in a remodeling contractor is solid expertise in the specific type of work you need completed. A company that’s great with deck additions may not have the first clue about remodeling a kitchen, and vice versa, so don’t assume just any self-proclaimed “general contractor” will be able to take on your job.
- Good reputation: In this day and age, it’s easier than ever to find customer reviews and testimonials online, and you should certainly conduct an Internet search for any contractor you’re thinking of hiring. But word-of-mouth recommendations can also be helpful, as can references provided by the contractors themselves.
- Local business: Why seek out a locally based home remodeler in Scottsdale, AZ? For starters, it’s great to support small businesses and keep money in your community. But local contractors provide a host of other benefits, too, such as connections to suppliers, an understanding of local building codes and more.
- Reliability: There are a number of ways to gauge whether a contractor will be reliable and trustworthy, but perhaps the best approach is to verify that any contractor you’re thinking of using is actually qualified and certified to do remodeling work. BBB accreditation is one characteristic to consider, as are licensing, bonding and insurance.
- Good match: A home remodeling project involves workers—total strangers, most likely—coming into your home and spending days or even weeks in your space. It should go without saying that you want to be comfortable around your contractor, so it’s a good idea to schedule a sit-down with anyone you’re thinking of hiring, just to get a feel for how they interact with you. You can get a pretty good feel for someone’s customer service approach from even a relatively short meeting.
At Phoenix Building Services, LLC, we’re committed to providing our customers with high quality workmanship and strong customer service at fair and competitive prices. We’re a locally owned and operated business, and we’re fully licensed, bonded and insured for your protection and peace of mind. We look forward to being your home remodeler in Scottsdale, AZ—call today to schedule a consultation!
This post was written by admin